Thursday, April 9, 2015

#100 Day Project: Day 1


I decided to throw myself into a daily challenge of making which was started by Elle Luna over at The Great Discontent. She calls it "The 100DayProject".  Here's how she describes it on her blog:
"It’s a celebration of process that encourages everyone to participate in 100 days of making. The great surrender is the process; showing up day after day is the goal. For the100-Day Project, it’s not about fetishizing finished products—it’s about the process."


Here's a look at my Day 1. 

It's an 6x6 encaustic* piece I call "Butterscotch on Top" 
* encaustic - also known as hot wax painting, involves using heated beeswax to which colored pigments are added

Encaustic medium, stamped images on deli paper, oil paint (Titanium White, Burnt Umber and Yellow Ochre)



So yummy, reminds me of peanut brittle!


Love how the burnt umber appears inside the holes.


It started on April 6th so this being the ninth I have a little catching up to do. It's never too late so come on and join in on the fun!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...